News and Announcements
Click on the link below for registration. It is also available on the “Registration 2020” tab above.
Prior to registering, please look over these resources and make sure that you are clear regarding how the program will work. We want all registrees to understand differences that will exist during the summer of 2020.
Please review the slide show presented to parents at our Zoom meeting on June 4. It will provide a lot of information about our program. If you have questions, certainly feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be significant changes to our program this year including these significant ones:
- Our prospective start date will be Monday, June 15
- New practice times
- Allowances for social distancing
- Limits to the number of swimmers per lane
- Arrangements of swim meets
- Decrease in amount of in-water coaching
- No contact coaching
- All of our meets will be “split” meets, with our team swimming at our pool and the opponents at theirs *
Also please note these policies regarding refunds:
- If the season begins on June 15, we plan to continue through July 21 (meets or no meets) unless government policies require us to stop.
- After the June 15 start date, we will not issue refunds to registrees.
Finally, our suits and apparel link is open, and there is a flyer attached to this announcement with new apparel opportunities. To order, click on “Registration 2020” or “Swim Suit Info”.
2020 registration is ready to go. But like the rest of the country, we are in limbo regarding the status of the season. We are in contact with the Town and the league to get information to you as soon as we can regarding the season and its status
In the meantime, we are suspending registration until we have more information regarding the season. Do feel free to ask questions over email if you have them, and we will answer them as well as we can. And know that we will get information to you as soon as we have it. Email questions to Kevin Trent at email@example.com
Also… check out a few changes in our program…
We will be back in Division II this year. Five of our six meets will be against Hanover County teams. Check out the meet scheduled under the MEET INFORMATION LINK.
We also welcome Ethan Spencer to our coaching staff for 2020. Ethan is a graduate of our program and swims for DePauw University in Indiana. He will be working with our 12/under swimmers.
Hoping everyone has a great 2019-2020 school year, and looking forward to seeing you in 2020. A few notes about the season…
- The meet schedule has been posted under MEET INFORMATION. Note that we will be returning to Division II this summer.
- New time standards for 2020 have been posted under DOCUMENTS
- We will be moving the 9 year olds to practice with the 10-12 year olds. This will reunite the 9/10 age group into a single practice and allow more space for our growing 8/under age group.
- The championship meet will be the weekend of August 1-2, 2020.
Congratulations to Kate Balut for winning the GRAL senior varsity championship in 11-12 girls’ 50 breast. Kate and all of our past GRAL champions are listed on the website under the RECORDS/CHAMPIONS link. Kate’s winning time was also a team record.
Ethan Spencer broke the team record in 15-18 boys’ 100 breast. This is the third champs meet in a row in which Ethan has broken this record.
Other first place finishers were:
Ethan Spencer 15-18 boys’ 100 breast
Duke Flanagan 11-12 boys’ 100 IM
Grace Gordon 11-12 girls 100 free
Congratulations to all of our champs participants.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Check out an abridged version of the newsletter- REALLY no excuse not to read it- particularly for information on the banquet on Wednesday. Here’s a direct link to the Sign Up Genius described in the newsletter.