News and Announcements
Ashland defeated Wyndham by a score of 993-828. Results by division were as follows:
Novice: Ashland 573, Wyndham 425
Advanced: Wyndham 63, Ashland 28
Junior Varsity: Ashland 66, Wyndham 61
Varsity: Ashland 80, Wyndham 61
Senior Varsity: Ashland 88, Wyndham 84
Advanced Relays: Ashland 90, Wyndham 82
Senior Varsity Relays: Ashland 68, Wyndham 52
Here are performances of note. We will update with triple and quad winners after the meet is merged.
• Christine Datovech broke the GRAL league record in 13/14 girls’ 50 free, which will also obviously be a new team record and pool record also. She also broke the team record In 50 fly.
• Michael Sabo broke team records in 9/10 boys’ 100 free, 50 fly, and 50 free.
• Thomas Senfield broke the team record in 11/12 boys’ 100 free.
• Grace Gordon, Emma Medei, Molly Hoben, and Thomas Senfield broke the team record for 11/12 200 free relay.
Ashland pool records were set by the following swimmers in the following events:
• Christine Datovech 13/14 girls’ 50 fly, 50 free
• Molly Hoben 11/12 girls’ 100 free
• Andi Medei 6/under girls’ 25 free
• Michael Sabo 9/10 boys’ 50 fly, 50 free
• Molly Sabo 8/under girls’ 50 free, 25 free
• Thomas Senfield 11/12 boys’ 100 free, 50 fly, 50 free
• Gavin Yonce 8/under boys’ 50 free
• Andi Medei, Maxwell Griffin, Gavin Yonce, Molly Sabo 8/under 100 free relay
• Grace Gordon, Emma Medei, Molly Hoben, Thomas Senfield 11/12 200 free relay
The following swimmers earned championship meet qualifying times: Jillian Allen, Kate Balut, Christine Datovech, Paul Datovech, Mark Dinger, Grace Gordon, Duke Flanagan, Molly Hoben, Emma Medei, Maddie Medei, Emmeline Roberts, Michael Sabo, Molly Sabo, Andrew Senfield, Samantha Senfield, Thomas Senfield, Carolyn Wright, and Gavin Yonce.
Quadruple winners were: Molly Hoben, Davis, Luck, Emma Medei, Samantha Senfield, and Thomas Senfield.
Triple winners were: Christine Datovech, Paul Datovech, Duke Flanagan, Grace Gordon, Andi Medei, Emmeline Roberts, Carolyn Wright, and Gavin Yonce.
We received this from the Hess family. Give it a good read to see how the Hess family and Connor’s Heroes- with a small assist from our team- have made a permanent impact on RVA kids who need bone marrow transplants. Feel free to pass it along to any of your pledgers or donors. This is why we do what we do.
Best news of the summer.
We are attaching access to the slide show from our meet protocol Zoom, including all of the links that correspond to it.
We also have a recording of the Zoom, but we are not posting it online. If you were unable to make the meeting and would like to see the Zoom session, send an email to AshlandBarracuda@comcast.net, and we will get it to you.
In this week’s Barracuda Bits, find information about:
- Wyndham Meet
- Swim Marathon
- Summer Reading
- Team Fun Stuff This Week
This week’s Barracuda Bits is posted. This week has a lot of super important information about:
- Phase III
- Swim Meet Info
- Website Updates
- Swim Marathon
- Pool Feed
- Virtual Trivia Night Review
- Papa John’s All Summer!
- Summer Reading
- Fun Stuff in July
- Taking July 3 off!
Be sure to read it when it’s posted, and make sure your 13/overs do so as well.