News and Announcements
Attached is the first edition of Barracuda Bits for 2021.
Each week Barracuda Bits will be posted under DOCUMENTS. Check out this week’s edition for lots of information about the first meet coming up on Thursday of this week.
Also… if you’re going to miss this week’s meet, fill out the Google form under MEET INFORMATION. Our meet entries will be submitted Wednesday afternoon.
Also… be on the lookout for an email with the Zoom link for the info session for the meet The Zoom meeting will be Monday at 8:30.
Practices prior to the end of the school year are set. We are planning to have practices during the times listed for days when school ends.
June 1- June 18
- K-2 from 4:30-5:00
- Grades 3-5 from 5:05-5:35
- Middle school 5:40-6:15
- High school 6:20-7:00
June 21-July 13 (or until the final dual meet is finished)
- 8:00-8:50 (13 and over)
- 8:55-9:45 (Family and 9-12 year olds)
- 9:50-10:40 (Family and 9-12 year olds)
- 10:45-11:30 (8 and under only)
July 14 (or after the final dual meet) – July 23
*Some combination of times for Champs qualifiers that will likely run from 9:00-11:30.
We have also posted our meet schedule on the MEET INFORMATION link. We have yet to determine the date of the first two meets as they will occur prior to the end of the school year.
To register for the 2021 season, click on the link in the top left. And check out the Apparel Ad linked here. You can begin to order now also!
The document 2021_Barracudas_Apparel_Ad.pdf was attached to this post.
Check out the Bits for information on:
- Wyndham Meet Results
- Twin Hickory Meet
- Swim Marathon
- Summer Reading
- Neighbors of Ashland Magazine
- Team Fun Stuff
Barracuda Bits is attached.
Ashland defeated Wyndham by a score of 993-828. Results by division were as follows:
Novice: Ashland 573, Wyndham 425
Advanced: Wyndham 63, Ashland 28
Junior Varsity: Ashland 66, Wyndham 61
Varsity: Ashland 80, Wyndham 61
Senior Varsity: Ashland 88, Wyndham 84
Advanced Relays: Ashland 90, Wyndham 82
Senior Varsity Relays: Ashland 68, Wyndham 52
Here are performances of note. We will update with triple and quad winners after the meet is merged.
• Christine Datovech broke the GRAL league record in 13/14 girls’ 50 free, which will also obviously be a new team record and pool record also. She also broke the team record In 50 fly.
• Michael Sabo broke team records in 9/10 boys’ 100 free, 50 fly, and 50 free.
• Thomas Senfield broke the team record in 11/12 boys’ 100 free.
• Grace Gordon, Emma Medei, Molly Hoben, and Thomas Senfield broke the team record for 11/12 200 free relay.
Ashland pool records were set by the following swimmers in the following events:
• Christine Datovech 13/14 girls’ 50 fly, 50 free
• Molly Hoben 11/12 girls’ 100 free
• Andi Medei 6/under girls’ 25 free
• Michael Sabo 9/10 boys’ 50 fly, 50 free
• Molly Sabo 8/under girls’ 50 free, 25 free
• Thomas Senfield 11/12 boys’ 100 free, 50 fly, 50 free
• Gavin Yonce 8/under boys’ 50 free
• Andi Medei, Maxwell Griffin, Gavin Yonce, Molly Sabo 8/under 100 free relay
• Grace Gordon, Emma Medei, Molly Hoben, Thomas Senfield 11/12 200 free relay
The following swimmers earned championship meet qualifying times: Jillian Allen, Kate Balut, Christine Datovech, Paul Datovech, Mark Dinger, Grace Gordon, Duke Flanagan, Molly Hoben, Emma Medei, Maddie Medei, Emmeline Roberts, Michael Sabo, Molly Sabo, Andrew Senfield, Samantha Senfield, Thomas Senfield, Carolyn Wright, and Gavin Yonce.
Quadruple winners were: Molly Hoben, Davis, Luck, Emma Medei, Samantha Senfield, and Thomas Senfield.
Triple winners were: Christine Datovech, Paul Datovech, Duke Flanagan, Grace Gordon, Andi Medei, Emmeline Roberts, Carolyn Wright, and Gavin Yonce.